z

As I am typing now, the rest of my family is sitting on the couch with their eyes glued to their tv watching crocodile hunter. Amidst all of the shrieks, whoops, suppressed screams followed by sighs of relief that the bad croc/poisonous spider/scorpion/any deadly creature you can name, did not eat up the person/sting/bite/kill him. Sooner or later there will be hysterical laughter and they will start writing memorials to Steve irwin. I am glad im in my sanctuary that protects me from the horrors of the wild, though technically they are just pixels on the tv screen.

Book Recommendation! : A man named dave by Dave pelzer
This book is super bewitching that it kept me totally glued to it for one whole day such that i finished it in one day. 400 pages. Its about a child who was abused by his mother, because the mother was emotionally unstable and was a victim of abuse herself. This is the third book of a series that depict his life (the author's); its all true. This is about his adult life, about his being unable to emotionally accept the woman he loved and totally trust her, eventually leading to divorce, and how he met another amazing woman whom he was totally blown over by, because of her virtues, attitude, understanding of his situation, and her constant encouragement.
This book is as touching as Chinese Cinderella! For those who like to read about people's lives and cry for them, well this is the perfect book! My sister's friend (my sister borrowed the book from her friend, then i borrowed from my sister) actually cried when reading the book, or so my sister claimed.

Of course if you dont like emotion-laden tear-jerkers, there is always Eoin Colfer and artemis fowl waiting for you :)

0 comments: