Camera!

Yesterday my dad walked back home and handed me an Olympus bag. He had gotten a tradein for our old Olympus with this brand new one! It is an average camera, priced at $400. The u 710 model that has 7.1 mega pixs, 3x optical zoom, anti-shake and brightcapture technology with All weather function. In addition, the lens is a 6.5 - 19.5mm, making it very wide angle. I have tested it out and the pictures were in good resolution(3072X2304) and the colours' richness was real-looking enough. No manual mode though. The only things you can change manually is the ISO, flash(duh) and focus (one point or smart point). 6.5 - 19.5mm would lead me to think that its macro focusing abilities are very good though it didn't turn out very well. I tested the Close up and Super closeup mode and the max it can focus up till is around 10cm away from the object. Not very optimum.


Sleek plastic design that looks like brushed metal from far with some chrome finishings and logo plate. The screen size is average, 2.5 inches across diagonally. Easy to use and weighs around the same as my handphone. Flash isn't so strong so I would prefer to tweak up the ISO and WB rather than flash the room.
Outdoor shots shouldn't be a problem. So folks, don't buy this camera as this isn't one with the best compromise between functionality and pricing and also because I already have it. Get one with manual focus.


I have finally managed to find a great pastime: watching commercials. No, seriously. Go and search Youtube, Metacafe or other video sites for 'commericial'. It will keep you entertained for a long time. I was for 2 hours yesterday. PSP going great. I am now able to play NES(eg.mario), Genesis(eg. Sonic), Neogeo(eg. Metal slug), homebrew(red alert) and normal PSP games. This piece of technology is a real steal, only 500 smackers for such a versatile portable gaming console. Thats around $150 more than my old and beat up iPod Nano.

Adding more stuff later if there are any happenings (I doubt). 2nd week going.

0 comments: