Dismay

Oh darn it! I dropped my 6610i in the toilet bowl yesterday! Damnit! When I retrieved it from the toilet bowl, it was emitting visible radioactive particles and looked as if it was going to blow up and create a nuclear disaster.

Nah, the screen blanked out. I quickly opened up the casing and removed the separate parts: battery, sim card, keypad, casing and wiped them dry with my uniform then dumped them all in my bag. I took out my nano and walked home as if nothing happened. When I reached home, the parts were relatively dry, and the screen's backlight started flickering like a beacon. The phone would automatically switch itself on for a few seconds and then off, if a powersource is present. So I just left them to dry on my table and went to sleep. I woke up for dinner and then went to sleep after that.

This morning, my handphone has miraculously recovered all of its functions, except receiving signals. The antenna probably shorted out. I have already checked my SIM card if it was working on my sister's phone. Now I hope that the antenna would work again, so I can trade off the phone for a cheaper Dopod. So unlucky. But its good anough if you think about it. Have you ever seen a phone which was dropped into the toilet and still could do everything normally, except calling?

0 comments: