Mid-year

Sorry for the utter lack of updates. I had no time preparing for the numerous tests this week. We had NAPFA and geog. From the way I performed, I should probably get Silver. Hopefully. I was Bronze last year.

Mid-year Results (so far)

Bio : 77/100
Math: 66/100
History: 77/100
Art&Design: 70/100
Chinese: 43/100

My marks are all quite good except for Chinese, which pulled my average down horribly. I dont know what Chia Lek Ki is doing. She tells us that the way she gives our marks is by percentage: Class test 1 & 2: 55%
Class Compositions: 35%
Book reports:20%
Shi Yong Wen: 20%

Cool , a 130 percentage? And where does our Common Test marks come in? Unless she is telling us that we did our common test for nothing last term and could have failed it without affecting our Midyear Marks?? This is exactly what was written on the board. I got 43 because I did not hand in the class compos/shi yong wens, and in the end it caused me to fail.

Sigh so now I am stuck with a 66+ average. That is very very very very low. By the way, we do not have Midyear exams, so normally teachers just take 50% from the first common test and 25% each from two class tests. Which is not what Chia chia do at all. Why in the hell do they take what crap marks from book reports, class compositions? Arent they supposed to be class exercises for us to practice? In the end the common tests marks are thrown away and those crap stuff are being given to us. WTH. When she asked us to go up one by one to sign for certifying that our marks are counted correctly, she does not let us see the marks for the individual components. Instead she shows us only the total score and tells us "Ok one la. I tabulate for you. You just sign." ?! So we just didnt sign. Maybe then she cant key in the marks to finalize.

Hope that very wonderful teacher gets fired at the end of the year. Even if her marking scheme was correct, her work attitude sucks. Totally. She comes to class without fail everyday. But always late for at least 10 mins. Very diligent. Just have to see if I can survive getting triple science with her around.

Note: All things I have written here are true, so probably I would not be able to be sued. Sorry for any grammatical errors made, as I just wrote this "in one breath" and published.

0 comments: